The Product Owner represents the interests of the stakeholder community to the Scrum Team. The Product Owner is responsible for ensuring clear communication of product or service functionality requirements to the Scrum Team, defining Acceptance Criteria, and ensuring those criteria are met.
The Product Owner must always maintain a dual view. He or she must understand and support the needs and interests of all stakeholders, while also understanding the needs and workings of the Scrum Team.
Applicants will be awarded the Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC™) certificate upon successfully passing the certification exam.
This Scrum Product Owner Certified has the following learning objectives.
- Prioritize multiple business initiatives from competing stakeholders as well as prioritizing user stories, technical debt, and other product backlog items.
- Define a clear product vision that ensures your product remains focused on the features your customers and end users will actually use.
- Build better products that delight customers using Scrum and Agile.
- Communicate effectively with various stakeholder groups to achieve alignment.
- Identify the crucial opportunities your team and business need to deliver now and avoid wasting time chasing down the latest shiny object.
- Provide greater business value and increased productivity with good teamwork and adherence to Scrum values and Agile principles.
- Define and validate the business value.
- Develop stakeholder buy-in through effective, focused meetings that encourage stakeholders to trust your decisions and judgment.
- Increase your credibility as a product expert and become recognized as a person who delivers real business results
- Agile and Scrum Overview
- Scrum Roles and Planning in Scrum
- Sprint Planning and Implementation of Scrum
- Scrum for Large Projects.
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Course material
- Conducive learning facility
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
This certification is for anyone who interfaces with stakeholders or works as a Product Owner in a Scrum Team.
There is no formal prerequisite for this certification. However, SDC™ or SMC™ Certified professionals will be able to better understand the concepts required for this certification exam.
It is also highly recommended to attend a 2-day SPOC™ classroom training provided by a SCRUMstudy approved Authorized Training Partner (A.T.P.)
- Multiple choices
- 140 questions per exam
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- 180 minutes duration
- Proctored online exam.
- Current pass rate: 93%